Free Case Review
Bold labels are required.
Cook County Brain Damage Attorney
There are many different types of brain injuries out there, but they all share one thing in common: lifelong impact. Whether you had a stroke or someone you love has suffered brain trauma in a car accident, you want to be able to take swift action and get medical help. A Chicago brain injury attorney can help you get the care you need.
At Seidman Law Offices, our lawyers understand the anxiety, frustration and grief our clients feel when diagnosed with any type of brain injury. We help individuals and families overcome these challenges and recover the necessary compensation for medical expenses and future needs.
Recognizing Brain Injuries
The symptoms of a brain injury may not always be obvious. Many people overlook these symptoms or attribute them to other causes, potentially delaying diagnosis for weeks or months. In many cases, there are treatment options that can minimize the effects of brain injuries, so it is essential to seek medical attention quickly if you believe you may have any type of brain injury, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injury: If you have a loved one who has suffered a traumatic brain injury, do not wait to make sure that he or she has proper medical attention.
- Birth injury: Lack of oxygen to the brain during birth can lead to lifelong disabilities, such as cerebral palsy or Erb's palsy.
- Stroke: Complications from medical procedures and the failure to diagnose a stroke could be instances of medical malpractice.
- Loss of oxygen during surgery: It is the responsibility of medical professionals to take care of you during surgery, and that includes making sure your brain has proper oxygen.
- Chemical exposure: Whether you have been exposed to dangerous chemicals or toxins at home or work, it is important to get proper medical attention.
We work with medical specialists, life care planners, economists and other experts to help determine the extent of your brain injury, its impact on your life and the economic value of your claim.
We Can Help You Recover
Some of the most debilitating brain injuries occur even when the skull does not appear to be damaged. If you have been involved in any type of accident or medical procedure that may have caused a brain injury, make sure you get proper medical attention right away. From our Chicago offices, we help individuals across Illinois get proper compensation after a brain injury. Call 312-445-9034 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation.