If you have been injured on someone else's property, you may be able to obtain compensation by filing a premises liability lawsuit. Property owners have a responsibility to protect visitors from dangerous conditions. That responsibility covers everything from cleaning up spills to providing security in areas where assaults are common. Premises liability cases cover a wide range of circumstances, from injuries in private homes to accidents in retail or commercial buildings. The common thread is that someone suffered an injury because the property owner did not live up to his or her responsibilities.
At Seidman Margulis & Fairman, LLP, in Chicago, our attorneys protect victims of premises liability accidents throughout Illinois. We can help you get full compensation to cover the physical and financial harm you suffered. That includes money for medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering and more.
Work With An Attorney You Can Trust
Our attorneys have decades of experience representing Illinois clients in personal injury cases. We have built an impressive record of noteworthy results while maintaining a reputation for dependable client service and attention to detail. Our clients rely on us to answer their questions, guide them through the process and, above all, get them the results they deserve.
We represent clients in a range of premises liability cases, including those involving:
- Unsafe premises: Broken pavement, loose carpeting, uneven stairs and other dangerous conditions can cause significant harm.
- Dog bites: Dog owners are expected to protect others from their pets. Any dog can bite and it is up to the dog owner to make sure that doesn't happen.
- Explosions and electrocutions: Exposed wiring, improper maintenance and negligent storage of flammable materials can lead to catastrophe.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites are subject to numerous safety regulations designed to protect workers and visitors. If those regulations are ignored, the result is often an injury.
- Slip-and-falls: If a property owner knows or should know about the potential for a slip-and-fall, he or she has a duty to take action.
- Ice and snow hazards: Clearing ice and snow in a timely manner is a necessity in Illinois winters.
- Security negligence: Insufficient lighting and other security failures can increase the likelihood of an assault or criminal activity.
Gathering evidence is a key part of many premises liability claims. Our experience helps us to investigate your accident and determine if negligence was the cause. We are unwavering in our pursuit of your full financial recovery. We will not push you into a settlement that is less than you deserve. As tested trial lawyers, we know how to maximize your recovery.
Call Us For A Free Consultation
To discuss your case with a knowledgeable premises liability lawyer, call 312-445-9034 or contact us online. The sooner you act to protect your rights, the better your odds of getting proper compensation.