Technically, you are not required to hire legal representation for a car accident. Perhaps an insurance adjuster has already contacted you and offered a settlement check.
But many people who handle their own car accident claims later regret it. They end up with far less than their case was worth — or no compensation at all. With so much at stake, why take chances?
It Costs Nothing To Talk To A Lawyer
Before you sign anything or give a statement, you really should take advantage of a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. Seidman Margulis & Fairman, LLP, has handled auto accidents in the Chicago area for over 30 years. Call us today at 312-781-1977.
What Is The Value Of Hiring An Attorney?
Few car accident cases involve clear-cut liability and unlimited insurance coverage. The more serious the injuries, the greater the benefit of legal representation:
- Individuals often get the runaround from insurance companies — vague promises, unreasonable delays, denials on technicalities or endless requests for information. A lawyer can cut through the red tape to get results.
- A lawyer understands how to document all elements of damages, including future medical care, lost earning capacity, permanent injury, and pain and suffering.
- A law firm has financial resources to hire investigators, medical experts and other professionals when necessary to establish liability or damages.
- An experienced lawyer understands complex insurance issues, such as the interplay between the negligent driver's insurance and your own auto accident policy.
- It may be necessary to file a lawsuit and proceed to trial if the insurer will not settle for a fair and reasonable amount.
See examples of our verdicts and settlements over the years.
Will I Really Get More Money With A Lawyer?
The standard attorney fee in a personal injury case is one-third of the recovery. Some people think this percentage is too high or believe they will come out ahead if they "cut out the middleman" and negotiate directly with the insurance company. This do-it-yourself approach may pay off, but it can also backfire and irretrievably damage your case.
There is never a guarantee a lawyer will recover anything. But statistically speaking, people who hire a lawyer do receive greater compensation, on average, than those without legal representation — even after subtracting for legal fees and expenses.
We Fully Expect To Make A Difference
"Will I come out ahead by hiring an attorney?" We are confident our legal team can add value to your case, but if we believe you could get a solid settlement on your own, we will tell you so. Contact us today to explore your car accident claim in a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.