Evanston Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless one negligent actions of someone else, we understand how challenging your current situation is. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our Evanston wrongful death attorneys have the experience necessary to handle every aspect of your claim. We want to make sure that you and your family are properly cared for and respected and that you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP for Your Claim
- At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we offer an unwavering commitment to our clients, and we make sure that their case is ready for trial as we pursue compensation for their losses.
- Our clients always have access to their attorneys because we believe in open and honest communication at all times.
- We handle wrongful death claims in Evanston on a contingency fee basis. This means that families do not have to pay any legal fees to our team until after we recover compensation for their losses.
Types of Compensation That May be Available
Individuals who lose a loved one caused by the negligence of another party should be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. This includes a range of economic and non-economic damages such as the following:
- Medical and funeral expenses connected to the death
- The loss of the deceased’s expected lifetime earnings
- The loss of benefits, such as medical coverage or a pension
- The loss of inheritance caused by the untimely death
- Loss of goods or services the deceased would have provided had they lived
- Loss of guidance, advice, care, protection, and training from the deceased
- The loss of consortium or companionship for a spouse
How These Claims Arise in Evanston
Wrongful death claims arise in a variety of ways in and around the Evanston area. Our Evanston personal injury attorneys have experience helping family members and estates who have lost a loved one as a result of:
- Vehicle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Public transportation accidents
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective products
- Railroad accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Dog bite incidents
Time Limit to File an Evanston Wrongful Death Claim
Family members and the estate of the deceased have a limited amount of time to file these claims in court. The Illinois wrongful death statute of limitations is two years from the date of death. However, if a person loses their life as a result of a violent intentional action, a lawsuit can be filed within five years from the date of death.
It is crucial to work with an attorney who understands the time limits that apply to your case so you can get your lawsuit filed on time and filed properly.
Call an Evanston Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost somebody that you love, and their death was caused by the actions of another individual or entity in the Evanston area, reach out to the team at Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex injury and wrongful death claims throughout Illinois, and we have the resources necessary to stand by your side the entire way through a court case. When you need an Evanston wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.