Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical malpractice can lead to serious injuries and tremendous pain and suffering for victims. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we have vast experience helping clients get through these types of cases. When you need a Chicago medical malpractice attorney, we will investigate every aspect of your claim in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP For These Cases?
When dealing with something as traumatic as a medical mistake, you need assistance from a team with vast experience handling these cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Is ready to help.
- Our malpractice lawyers have more than 100 years of combined legal experience focusing exclusively on personal injury law. This gives us superior insight and specialization into the litigation process of these claims.
- We have a reputation for success, having secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We will not hesitate to take a case to trial if that is what it takes to secure maximum compensation for each client.
- We take all Chicago medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they need through a successful verdict or settlement.
Medical Malpractice Information
- Benefits of Hiring a Malpractice Lawyer in Chicago
- Types of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Statute of Limitations on a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Illinois
- Recoverable Damages
- Free Consultation: Contact a Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer
What Are The Benefits of Hiring a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Medical negligence cases require extensive investigation in order to prove liability. A skilled medical malpractice attorney will have the resources and legal experience necessary to:
Obtain any evidence related to the medical mistake or abuse in question. This can include all medical records related to the incident, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Work with trusted medical professionals who can thoroughly review the case to confirm that a mistake was made or that abuse occurred.
- Ensure that a victim’s total losses are properly calculated with the help of economic and medical experts.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to secure fair compensation for the client.
Understanding Medical Malpractice
According to researchers at Johns Hopkins University, medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States. These incidents can occur in a variety of ways, including:
- Prescription medication errors
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Misdiagnosis or a missed diagnosis
- Delayed treatment
- Healthcare worker fatigue
- Inadequately staffed facilities
- Healthcare-acquired infections
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical mistakes
These mistakes can occur in all healthcare settings. This can include hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient care facilities, and more. It is not just doctors and surgeons who can be held liable for medical malpractice. All medical professionals who have an established provider-patient relationship owe a duty of care to their patients. This includes nurses, physician’s assistants, psychiatrists, dentists, optometrists, physical therapists, chiropractors, paramedics and EMTs, and any other licensed medical professional.
What Is The Time Limit To File A Medical Malpractice Claim in Chicago?
Each state is responsible for setting time limits on how long victims have to file civil lawsuits against alleged negligent parties. These time limits are called statutes of limitation.
The statute of limitations for these cases will be different depending on the circumstances related to each case. In Illinois, victims of medical mistakes generally have two years from the date they discovered or should have discovered that a medical mistake occurred to file lawsuits against the negligent medical professional. For cases involving nursing home abuse, victims will generally have two years from the date an injury occurs to file claims against negligent nursing home staff.
It is vital that any victim of medical negligence or nursing home abuse work with an attorney as soon as possible in order to ensure that all deadlines are met for the case.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available In Medical Malpractice Claims?
Anyone who has been harmed due to medical negligence could be entitled to various types of compensation. The total amount of damages awarded to victims in these cases will vary depending on the specific factors related to their case. However, the medical malpractice team at Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP regularly helps clients recovered the following:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to the mistake or abuse
- Coverage of lost wages if a victim cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible for the mistake or the abuse
More Information: Your Guide to Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Illinois
Contact A Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a medical mistake, contact our Chicago medical malpractice attorneys as soon as possible. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our skilled and experienced team will investigate every aspect of your claim so we can secure the compensation and closure you deserve.
When you need a Chicago medical malpractice attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.