Chicago Emergency Room Errors Attorney
If you or a loved one have experienced a medical emergency, then you may have turned to the healthcare professionals in an emergency room for help. However, there are times when the doctors and nurses in the ER make mistakes. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our medical malpractice team is here to help if you or a loved one have experienced a medical error and need help from a Chicago emergency room error attorney.
Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP To Help?
After experiencing something as serious as an emergency room medical mistake, you need assistance from an attorney with experience in these particular cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Is ready to help.
- Our team has more than 100 years of combined legal experience handling personal injury cases. This gives us a level of specialization and unique insights that other firms do not have.
- We take the time to get to know you and the specific factors related to your case. You will always deal with your attorney, not a paralegal or junior assistant.
- We take emergency room error cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation you deserve.
Do You Need An ER Errors Attorney For This Case?
Emergency room error cases can become complicated, just like any other medical malpractice case. These cases require extensive investigation, and your Chicago emergency room error attorneys will have the resources necessary to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the mistake, including medical reports, your past medical history, eyewitness statements, etc.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to evaluate your records and the case. Expert medical witnesses may need to provide witness testimony in your case.
- Handle all communication with other parties involved, including aggressive insurance carriers, to reach a settlement that is fair on your behalf.
How Do Emergency Room Errors Occur?
According to Johns Hopkins researchers, medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States. Unfortunately, the very nature of an emergency department leads to many preventable errors being made.
There are various reasons that mistakes happen in emergency rooms. This can include the following:
- Overcrowding. Most people have experienced a crowded emergency room. While doctors and nurses do their best to handle busy ERs, this can, unfortunately, lead to careless mistakes.
- Understaffed. Unfortunately, many emergency departments are understaffed. This is particularly the case when the ER is crowded, but this can also be a systemic problem that occurs on a regular basis, regardless of how busy the ER becomes.
- Overworked. Many nurses and doctors that work in the ER are simply overworked. This can lead to fatigued medical professionals who begin to make mistakes as their shift goes on.
There are various types of mistakes that are commonly made in emergency rooms. This can include:
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to treat
- Prescription medication errors
- Failure to obtain a patient medical history
- …and more
How Much Compensation Is Available For Emergency Room Error Cases?
If you or somebody you love has been injured or becoming ill due to the careless or negligent actions of an emergency room medical provider, seek legal assistance today. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we know the victims in these cases may be entitled to significant compensation for what happened. This could include:
- Compensation for any medical bills arising due to the mistake
- Lost wages and benefits if a victim cannot work due to their injury
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against a grossly negligent medical provider or emergency department
Let An Experienced Emergency Room Error Lawyer Help With Your Case
The total amount of compensation available in these cases will vary depending on the facts pertaining to each particular case. When you need a Chicago emergency room error attorney to help you secure maximum compensation, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.