Oak Park Dog Bite
Dog bite injuries can lead to significant setbacks for victims. This includes physical pain and suffering as well as financial setbacks caused by medical bills and lost wages. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our team is ready to step in when you need an Oak Park dog bite lawyer. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these claims, and we know what it takes to help make sure that you recover the compensation you need.Why Hire Our Dog Bite Injury Lawyers?
- At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our team of personal injury lawyers in Oak Park have been helping individuals in Oak Park and the surrounding areas recover compensation for their injuries for nearly four decades.
- We provide unwavering commitment to our clients, and we are always available to answer any questions or concerns clients have while their case is ongoing.
- We handle Oak Park dog bite claims on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for your case. We only collect legal fees if we are able to recover compensation for your losses.
A skilled dog bite lawyer is crucial for these claims. Unfortunately, personal injury and dog bite laws in Illinois can be confusing, particularly for individuals left going up against aggressive insurance carriers by themselves. A dog bite injury lawyer in Oak Park can examine your claim, investigate the incident, and stand up to aggressive insurance carriers to recover total compensation for your losses.Is Compensation Available for a Dog Bite Claim in Oak Park?
When we turn to 510 ILCS 5/16 in Illinois’ code of laws, we can see that this is considered a strict liability state when it comes to dog bite incidents. This means that a dog’s owner can be held liable for any injuries caused by their dog biting another individual, so long as the injury victim was lawfully on the property when the incident occurred. The dog owner will be responsible for paying compensation even if they argue that they were unaware of the animal’s aggressive tendencies and even if the dog has never acted aggressively or bitten anybody before.
There may be various types of compensation available to individuals who sustain dog bite injuries. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Complete coverage of all medical bills caused by the incident
- Lost wages if an individual cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
A skilled dog bite injury lawyer in Oak Park will fully examine the situation and work with trusted medical and economic experts to ensure that the correct amount of compensation is calculated and requested from the insurance carrier.Contact an Oak Park Dog Bite Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a dog bite injury in the Oak Park area, reach out to the team at Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP for help immediately. Our attorneys pledge to conduct a full investigation into the incident in order to uncover any evidence needed to prove what happened. Our goal is to make sure that you recover compensation for all of your losses caused by the dog bite incident. When you need an Oak Park dog bite lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.