Oak Park Wrongful Death
Losing a family member due to the careless or negligent actions of another individual or entity is not something anyone should have to experience. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our team is here to help if you need an Oak Park wrongful death attorney by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex wrongful death claims throughout Illinois, and our compassionate team is ready to step in and handle this entire claim on your behalf. Let our team of Oak Park personal injury lawyers help you secure the closure and compensation you are entitled to.Why Hire Our Wrongful Death Attorneys?
- At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our compassionate attorneys have been helping families who have lost loved ones for nearly four decades.
- We understand the challenges that loved ones face in these situations, and we will provide calm and understanding legal representation throughout your entire claim.
- Our team handles Oak Park wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that families will not have to pay any legal fees until we successfully recover the compensation they need to get through this.
Wrongful death claims are challenging for families who are struggling with the loss of a loved one. A skilled Oak Park wrongful death attorney can handle every aspect of these claims on behalf of the family members. This will include:
- Conducting a full investigation into the incident in order to prove the negligence of the at-fault party.
- Working with trusted financial and economic experts to adequately calculate total expected losses of the family and the estate.
- Negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers to recover total compensation for the family members and the estate.
- Fully preparing the case for trial if one becomes necessary.
When we examine the Illinois law regarding wrongful death claims, we can see that family members may be able to recover various types of compensation (740 Ill. Comp. Stat. 180/1 (2021). In Illinois, wrongful death damages are intended to compensate the deceased’s survivors not just for financial losses associated with the death but also intangible losses suffered by family members. Some of the most common types of damages awarded in these situations include the following:
- The loss of financial support the deceased would have provided throughout their lifetime, concluding lost wages and benefits.
- Loss of consortium, which includes the loss of companionship, loss of sexual relations, and loss of society the deceased would have had with their spouse.
- The loss of education, moral training, and instruction the deceased would have provided any children.
- The grief, mental anguish, and sorrow of the survivors.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- The cost of any medical treatment that occurred after the incident but before the death.
If you have lost a family member as a result of the careless or negligent actions of another individual, company, or entity in the Oak Park area, reach out to the team at Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP for help immediately. Our attorneys are ready to step in and handle every aspect of this claim on your behalf, and we have the resources necessary to fully investigate the situation. When you need an Oak Park wrongful death lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.