Chicago Burn Injury Lawyer
Burn injuries can lead to immense pain for victims and cause permanent scarring and disfigurement. These injuries can also lead to tremendous medical bills. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we are here to help if you are loved one has sustained a burn injury caused by another person’s negligence. Our Chicago burn injury attorneys will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you need to get through this.
Why Is Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Your Choice?
After sustaining a severe burn injury, you need an experienced Chicago personal injury attorney with extensive experience handling these types of cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Is ready to get to work on your behalf.
- We have nearly four decades of combined legal experience helping clients receive the compensation they need for their injuries.
- We focus solely on personal injury law, which gives us a high level of specialization and unique insights into burn injury cases that other firms do not have.
- We take Chicago burn injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will A Burn Injury Attorney Help This Case?
Burn injury cases often require extensive investigation. A Chicago burn injury lawyer will be responsible for obtaining all evidence related to the burn injury and for ensuring that the burn victim receives proper medical care. An attorney work to calculate a victim’s total losses and then negotiate with all liable parties to reach a fair settlement.
How Do Severe Burn Injuries Occur?
There are various ways that burn injuries can occur due to the negligence of other people. In many cases, these injuries happen in the workplace because employers fail to provide a safe working environment (code violations, federal regulations violations, etc.). In other cases, burns can happen due to the actions of negligent property owners or due to defective products.
The American Burn Association says that around 450,000 people seek treatment at hospitals every year due to burn injuries. Some of the most common causes of these injuries include:
- Electrical burns
- Steam burns or hot liquids
- Hot metal or glass
- Chemical burns
- Radiation burns
- Sunlight or UV burns (from tanning beds)
Burns are classified based on their severity, ranging from first-degree (least severe) to fourth-degree (most-severe). Major burns require significant medical attention and can lead to significant scarring or disfigurement for a victim. In many cases, severe burns can impact a person’s ability to work or enjoy daily activities.
How Much Compensation Is Available After a Burn Injury?
If you or a loved one have sustained severe burn injuries, it is important to understand how much compensation may be available for your claim. For burn injuries, there is no set amount of money available for victims. The total amount of compensation awarded will depend on the specific factors related to each case. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our team regularly helps burn injury victims recover the following:
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the barn injuries
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
Contact A Chicago Burn Injury Lawyer Today
When you need a Chicago burn injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.