Chicago Personal Injury Attorney
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the negligence by another person, then you know that an injury can change everything.
At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our skilled and experienced team is ready to help get you back on your feet after a serious injury. Our Chicago personal injury attorneys will investigate every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Personal Injury Lawyers?
When you choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, you are getting a team with more than 100 years of combined legal experience.
- We focus only on personal injury law, which gives us unique insights and a high level of specialization handling all types of personal injury claims.
- We are committed to providing each client with direct and honest communication. All cases are handled by our skilled team of attorneys, and we will not pass a client off onto a paralegal or junior assistant.
- We take all Chicago personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case. Clients only owe us legal fees after we secure the compensation they deserve.
Your Guide To Filing a Personal injury Lawsuit in Chicago
- Why Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers
- Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims in Illinois
- Compensation Available In A Personal Injury Case
- Free Consultation: Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today
What Are The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney?
Personal injury claims can become incredibly complicated, and injury victims often do not have the resources necessary to pursue maximum compensation. A skilled Chicago personal injury attorney will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the injury (video or photo surveillance, accident reports, eyewitness statements, etc.).
- Work with trusted medical and economic professionals to properly assist a client’s total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to secure full compensation for their client.
How Do Personal Injury Cases Arise In Chicago?
Injuries that are caused by other people’s negligence happen in a variety of ways in and around the Chicago area. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we handle all types of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Injuries to children
- Premises liability incidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice claims
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Birth injuries
- Dog bite incidents
- Workplace accidents
- Electrocution incidents
- Construction site injuries
Our Chicago, IL personal injury lawyers are ready to help any client who is injured due to the negligent actions of another person, company, or entity.
What Are The Most Types of Personal Injuries?
Injuries that occur in the types of incidents listed above vary widely. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we help clients who have sustained all of the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- …and more
In many cases, we help clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries, which are injuries that significantly alter a person’s way of life. Catastrophic injuries can lead to permanent disabilities and keep a person from going to work or enjoying daily activities. In some cases, the injuries listed above cause permanent scarring or disfigurement as well as immense emotional and psychological trauma.
How Do You Prove Liability For A Personal Injury Claim?
One of the most difficult aspects of Chicago personal injury cases is proving liability. While the facts of every case are different, every successful personal injury claim will consist of the following elements:
- Duty. The injury victim (plaintiff) must prove that the negligent party (defendant) owed them a duty of care. The duty of care will look different depending on the situation. One example could be the duty of care that drivers owe to others around them on the roadway to operate safely. Another example can be the duty of care that a doctor has to treat their patients with an adequate level of care.
- Breach. The plaintiff needs to prove that the defendant somehow breached their duty of care. Following the driving example mentioned above, a driver who chooses to operate while intoxicated would be breaching their duty of care to others on the roadway.
- Causation. Simply breaching a duty of care is not enough to be successful in a personal injury case. It needs to be proven that the breach of duty actually caused the injuries involved. A plaintiff injured in an accident with an alleged drunk driver needs to prove is the intoxication contributed to the incident.
- Damages. Finally, it needs to be proven that the plaintiff sustained some sort of loss due to the injuries. This can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more.
What Is The Time Limit a Personal Injury Claim in Chicago, IL?
Each state is responsible for setting a time limit on how long victims have to file lawsuits against negligent parties to recover compensation for their losses. This time limit is called the statute of limitations. In Illinois, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years from the date the injury occurs. If an injury victim (the plaintiff) fails to file a lawsuit against the negligent party (the defendant) within this two-year timeframe, they will lose the ability to recover compensation.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available In A Personal Injury Case?
There are various types of compensation that may be available through a successful verdict or settlement in a personal injury case. While the total amount of compensation a victim is awarded will vary depending on the factors of each specific case, it is not uncommon for our personal injury attorneys in Chicago to help clients secure the following:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to their injuries
- Lost wages and benefits if they cannot work while they recover
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions
For More Information: Your Guide to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Illinois
Contact An Injury Attorney at Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the negligence of another person, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to investigate every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you need. Let our Chicago personal injury attorneys get to work on your case today. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case or call (312) 781-1977.