Chicago Brain Injury Lawyer
Traumatic brain injuries are amongst the most severe injuries a person can sustain. Unfortunately, these incidents happen regularly in and around the Chicago area. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we are here to help if you or a loved one sustain a brain injury caused by another person’s negligence. Our Chicago brain injury attorneys pledge to conduct a thorough investigation into the incident so we can secure the compensation you need.
Why Choose Our Brain Injury Attorneys
- When you are dealing with a brain injury, you need assistance from a skilled legal team with experience in these cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP is ready to get to work.
- We have more than 100 years of combined legal experience focusing exclusively on personal injury law.
- We offer personalized attention to every client, which means we take the time to get to know you and the specific factors affecting your case.
- We take Chicago traumatic brain injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay us no legal fees until we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on their behalf.
How Can a Brain Injury Attorney Help My Case?
An attorney is likely going to be necessary for Chicago brain injury cases in order to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the brain injury
- Work with skilled medical professionals to ensure a victim’s well being
- Properly calculate a victim’s total losses
- Negotiate with all parties involved for a fair settlement
Brain Injuries Can Be Devastating
Brain injuries can occur in many different ways, often due to the negligence of other people. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, our personal injury lawyers in Chicago regularly help clients and families of brain injury victims who sustained their injuries in the following ways:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Birth injuries and child injuries
- Workplace accidents
- Construction site incidents
- Medical malpractice claims
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
How Common Are Traumatic Brain Injuries?
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we know there are approximately 1.5 million new brain injury cases that occur in the US each year. Out of these, around 50,000 people are killed, and 85,000 victims are left with long-term disabilities. Some of the most common symptoms our client experience due to their injuries include:
- Cognitive or memory difficulties
- Trouble walking or standing
- Speech difficulties
- Partial or full paralysis
- New psychological or emotional problems
- Loss of fine motor skills
- …and more
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available?
There are various types of compensation available to victims of brain injuries through personal injury claims. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we regularly help victims in these cases recover the following:
- Compensation all of their medical bills related to the brain injury
- Any lost wages or benefits if they are unable to work while they recover
- General household expenses and in-home care costs
- Possible home or vehicle modification costs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against any grossly negligent party
Recognizing Brain Injuries
The symptoms of a brain injury may not always be obvious. Many people overlook these symptoms or attribute them to other causes, potentially delaying diagnosis for weeks or months. In many cases, there are treatment options that can minimize the effects of brain injuries, so it is essential to seek medical attention quickly if you believe you may have any type of brain injury, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injury: If you have a loved one who has suffered a traumatic brain injury, do not wait to make sure that he or she has proper medical attention.
- Birth injury: Lack of oxygen to the brain during birth can lead to lifelong disabilities such as cerebral palsy or Erb’s palsy.
- Stroke: Complications from medical procedures and the failure to diagnose a stroke could be instances of medical malpractice.
- Loss of oxygen during surgery: It is the responsibility of medical professionals to take care of you during surgery, and that includes making sure your brain has proper oxygen.
- Chemical exposure: If you have been exposed to dangerous chemicals or toxins at home or work, it is important to get proper medical attention.
We work with medical specialists, life care planners, economists and other experts to help determine the extent of your brain injury, its impact on your life, and the economic value of your claim.
We Can Help You Recover Compensation After a TBI
Some of the most debilitating brain injuries occur even when the skull does not appear to be damaged. If you have been involved in any type of accident or medical procedure that may have caused a brain injury, make sure you get proper medical attention right away. From our Chicago offices, we help individuals across Illinois get proper compensation after a brain injury. Call (312) 781-1977 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation.
Contact Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers Today
The total amount of compensation awarded will vary depending on the specific factors related to each particular case. When you need a Chicago traumatic brain injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.