Back & Spinal Cord Injury
Injuries to the back and spinal cord can be devastating and lead to long-lasting disabilities for victims. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we know that these injuries often occur due to the negligence of others. If you or a loved one need a Chicago back and spinal cord injury attorney, we will investigate your case in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to.Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP For Your Case?
After sustaining serious back or spinal cord injury at work, you need a workers' compensation attorney in Chicago with extensive experience handling these cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP is ready to help.
- Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined legal experience helping clients recover compensation after sustaining workplace injuries.
- We are committed to providing honest and direct communication with clients. Throughout the workers' compensation process, you will deal with your attorney, not a paralegal or junior assistant.
- We take back and spinal cord injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
Unfortunately, these cases often require extensive investigation that an injured victim does not have the resources to conduct. However, a Chicago back and spinal cord injury lawyer will handle every aspect of your case, including:
- Obtaining all evidence related to the incident, including video or photo evidence, accident reports, eyewitness accounts, and any employer memos.
- Ensuring the injured victim receives adequate medical care from a trusted healthcare professional.
- Properly calculating the injury victim's total losses and negotiating a fair settlement on their behalf.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were approximately 2.8 million total workplace injuries or illnesses reported during the latest year of data available. Many of these injuries affect a workers' back and spinal cord. According to data from the Georgetown University Health Policy Institute, nearly 8% of all Americans live with back pain on a daily basis, and around one out of every ten Americans have some form of back injury, often work-related.
These injuries occur in a variety of ways workplace, including:
- Lifting, lowering, or twisting incidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Injuries caused by repetitive motions over time
- Work-related vehicle accidents
Injuries to the back and spinal cord can become incredibly costly and result in life-long disabilities for victims.How Much Compensation Is Available For Back Or Spinal Cord Injury?
If you or somebody you love has sustained a back or spinal cord injury that was caused by the negligence of another person, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we will help you secure any compensation you are entitled to. This could include the following:
- Coverage of all medical bills related to the injury
- Compensation for physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Coverage of any in-home care needed
- Costs of home or vehicle modifications
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
The total amount of compensation available for these cases will vary depending on the facts related to each case, particularly injury severity and level of disability. When you need a Chicago back and spinal cord injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.