Chicago Construction Accident Attorney
There is always plenty of construction going on in and around Chicago, and construction workers play a vital role in keeping our infrastructure and economy flowing smoothly. However, those who work in construction face more risks than most other workers. If you sustain a construction site injury, turn to Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP for help. Our Chicago construction site accident attorneys will investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP For Your Case?
After sustaining a serious construction site injury in Chicago, you need an attorney with vast experience handling these cases. Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP is here to help.
- Our Chicago workers comp lawyers are committed to providing open and direct communication with each client. Every case we take is handled by an attorney, and clients will never be handed off to paralegals or junior assistants.
- We have more than 100 years of combined legal experience handling only personal injury law cases, and we have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients.
- We take Chicago construction site injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means the clients pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their case. We only get paid after we secure a favorable settlement or verdict for the client.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Chicago Construction Accident Attorney?
An attorney is often going to be necessary for a construction accident case in order to prove liability. An attorney will be responsible for obtaining all evidence related to the incident as well as ensuring that an injury victim is properly evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional.
A construction site injury attorney will handle all negotiations in order to secure a composition that is fair for the injured worker.
How Common Are Construction Site Injuries?
Construction sites are filled with hazards that can cause serious harm to workers. According to the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA), data shows that more than 20% of all workplace deaths during the latest reporting year happened in the construction industry. Many thousands more were injured on the job and left with tremendous expenses, long recovery periods, and even permanent disabilities.
Some of the most common causes of construction site accidents include:
- Employer failure to provide proper training or equipment to workers
- Defective tools or equipment
- Improperly maintained tools or equipment
- Failure to secure objects and the construction area
- Improperly secured electrical wires
- Falling objects
- Slip, trip, and fall hazards
Many injuries that occur at a construction site are traumatic and can include broken and dislocated bones, traumatic brain injuries, back and spinal cord injuries, sprains or strains, laceration or puncture wounds, and more.
However, construction sites can also lead to repetitive stress injuries as well as occupational illnesses that occur after long periods of exposure (chronic respiratory illnesses, occupational cancers, etc.).
How Much Compensation Is Available For These Cases?
If you or somebody you love works in the construction industry and has been injured on the job, you may be entitled to various types of compensation. At Seidman, Margulis & Fairman, LLP, we will investigate every aspect of your claim in order to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Compensation for any medical bills related to the construction site injury
- Any lost income and benefits if a victim cannot work
- Coverage of any future lost earnings
- Possible temporary or permanent disability benefits
Workers’ Comp Lien Waivers
By law, the state of Illinois retains 75 percent of any compensation from a third-party lawsuit to recoup workers’ compensation benefits. However, Seidman Margulis & Fairman, LLP, often succeeds in having the lien waived by the employer’s insurance company, demonstrating negligence on the part of the employer or third party — meaning your family, not the employer, gets the money.
These cases are complex, but we have had much success maximizing recovery for our clients. We often are able to negotiate settlements to the satisfaction of all parties. Contact the Chicago construction injury lawyers of Seidman Margulis & Fairman, LLP, to start action on your case. We offer a free consultation at our downtown Chicago office or at your home or hospital if you can’t come to us. Evening and weekend appointments are also available.
Reach Out To Our Skilled Construction Site Injury Attorneys Today
Our veteran construction accident attorneys represent personal injury victims throughout Greater Chicago and Cook County, as well as DuPage, Will, Kane, and Lake counties. Steve Seidman has practiced law for 25 years. Our firm has obtained many million-dollar-plus verdicts and settlements. We have handled cases of falls, machinery and vehicle accidents, lost limbs and fingers, electrocution, worker fatality, and other injuries associated with building and maintenance projects.
When you need a Chicago construction site injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (312) 781-1977.